Who needs it?
For the citizens of the following countries, their home insurance covers services in Slovenia:
- EU, EEA, Switzerland: have your European Health Card (blue card) ready
- Australia: Have your Medicare and passport ready
- Macedonia: arrange RM/SI3 form
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: arrange BIH/SI3 form
- Serbia: arrange SRB/SI03 form
- Montenegro: arrange MNE/SI03 form
Others have to arrange:
- Any travel insurance covering at least EUR 30,000 or
- CORIS in Slovenia for foreigners (app. EUR 150 / three months) or
- Compulsory health insurance: (EUR 137.46 / month)
How can you get it?
Arrange proof of the insurance valid in Slovenia (see above) or organise health insurance through a private insurance company.
Citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia have to visit the Health Insurance Institute in Slovenia (ZZZS), to exchange their form with the proof of insurance in Slovenia. You should do this immediately, if you are coming here for the first time. If you are trying to renew your temporary residence permit, then the Slovenian proof of insurance is not necessary anymore for the Administrative Unite. However, you should do it in a reasonable timeframe since you will definitely need it for doctor visitation or other situations.
How soon should you arrange it?
Before arrival to Slovenia.
If you need a temporary residence permit or visa before you enter Slovenia, then before you launch an application.
Those of you, comming in Slovenia for the first time, do it immediately.
Depending on the provider, rough estimates in Slovenia:
- CORIS in Slovenia for foreigners: app. EUR 150 / three months;
- Compulsory health insurance: EUR 137.46 / month
- Travel insurance: at home through a private insurance company
- CORIS for foreigners: send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inclusion in the obligatory insurance: visit Health Insurance Institute of Slovenia (ZZZS)
Health Insurance Insitute of Slovenia (ZZZS) Koper
Monday: 8 am - 12 noon and 1 pm - 3 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 12 noon and 1 pm - 3 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 12 noon and 1 pm - 5 pm
Friday: 8 am - 1 pm
Important information to know
Health Insurance Institute of Slovenia